October 23, 2007

Cousin Gail said... Hi Jerry, I'm so sorry things didn't work out for you with the donor. I hope this change in plans will work out well. The port you may have put in is what Mom had to do. It actually worked out very well for her. She had hers for years. I'm glad you will be with your Mom & Dad for Thanksgiving. That alone will be good medicine. They are the most wonderful people. What great friends you have in Jim and Laura. They sound fantastic. Give the family a hug for me when you get together and know that you are always in my prayers. If I can do anything for you, don't hesitate to email. Love & Hugs,

Jerry and Kathy said...

Nice to hear from you. Dad told me that your Mom had a port in her chest and I've noticed most people in the chemo lounge have that as well. The PICC line was invented at MD Anderson 20+ years ago and they seem to adhere to that more. However, mine became infected this week and was removed on Saturday. I will contact my cancer center today to begin the process but push them in the direction of the chest port. Was pretty easy to clean, flush and change the dressing? Tony is meeting me in Florida to visit Mom and Dad. I'm looking forward to the whole family including Vivian/Leon and Tootie/Roger and Jim/Bobbie will all be in Florida at that time. We'll only be together a few days but I'm certain every minute will count. My best to you and your family and God willing I will make it to Kentucky for the reunion next year... the whole bunch of us. JW